Personal Training Policies
- To request a personal trainer please email Gabby Dickey the Assistant Director for Fitness directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be scheduled for your initial assessment where you and a trainer will complete the necessary paperwork and discuss a plan of action based on your personal assessment and the trainer's professional recommendations. No paperwork is required prior to attending your assessment appointment.
- Personal Training may only be conducted by Personal Trainers hired by University Recreation.
- Only patrons who have purchased sessions and completed appropriate paperwork may attend training sessions.
- All personal training clients must be valid University Recreation facility members. Remember that all University Recreation rules apply during your training sessions. Patrons are required to wear proper athletic attire and it is recommended to bring a bottle of water.
- We recommend at least one personal training session should be conducted each week in order to keep you progressing toward your fitness goals.
- Personal Training sessions must be completed in the semester they were purchased. No personal training refunds or transfers are granted unless there is a documented medical condition that precludes completion of the training package and is verified by the Assistant Director for Fitness.
- Please be on time for your sessions. Each session must begin and end at the scheduled time. If you are late, your session will still end one hour after it was scheduled to start. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled session, the personal trainer has the right to leave the premises and you may forfeit your session and be charged.
- In order to reschedule or cancel an appointment, you must notify your personal trainer 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the session. If you cannot reach your Personal Trainer, contact the Assistant Director for Fitness at (828) 262-6310.
If you are interested in having one of our instructors or trainers teach a special event class or fitness lecture, please download and submit the form below.